Wednesday, August 1, 2012

ROADTRiP! Days 7: Huntington Dog Beach & a Big Burrito

June 11th:
This was our last day in Los Angeles/Venice Beach so in hopes of telling Clyde bye one last time before we headed to San Diego, we ate brunch at Larchmont Bungalow {again… a delicious place to eat!}
I ordered their Santa Fe Quesadilla
{Santa Fe seasoned chicken breast, eggs, roasted bell peppers, caramelized onions, sharp cheddar and jalapeno jack cheese, topped with avocado. Served with fresh seasonal fruit, salsa and sour cream}

Where as Cody opted for lunch and got a Bison Chilli Burger
{All natural bison grass feed beef which is topped with our homemade bison chilli and pepperjack cheese. Nutritionally higher in protein with fewer calories. 97% fat free bison beef}

This restaurant is located on the same street as the Heavenly Couture {the clothing store where nothing is over $15} so I went in there again, but sadly, I didn’t walk out with anything.  Cody did buy some sweet Tom’s though.
We opted to drive down the PCH to San Diego so we can see the beautiful coastline and stop at Huntington Dog Beach {which you know was my other favorite parts of this trip}!
 
Lashes was hilarious.  If we couldn’t find her we would look for anyone sitting down because we knew she’d be in their lap and Diesel LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED it, he was in puppy Heaven & these photos are by far my favorite photos of all time!
{sorry for the quality of the photos.  Once loaded into this online program the quality went out the window, I'm currently fixing this}


Once we got to our house in Pacific Beach {or PB to sound local and cool} we knew right away it was adorable, but it didn't have central A/C or cable, just a TV.  Luckily, my husband loves me and knows I can't sleep without a television being on, so we journeyed to Best Buy to buy the hook up for the ipad, thanks Bubeleh, you're the best!
For dinner we went to Lucha Libre, a place we found by watching Man vs Food.
I wish we had one here, or better yet, I wish we were back in San Diego...

I highly suggest you eat there if you're visiting SD, these burritos are huge
We both ordered their Surfin' California {Grilled Steak, Shrimp, Fresh French Fries, Avocado, Pico De Gallo, Cheese, & Super Secret Chipotle Sauce}, but I got mine with double chicken instead of shrimp because I don’t like seafood {I know… I know…}
 
And their soda fountain had a fool proof photo to ensure me that I was indeed receiving raspberry Ice Tea
When you visit, and again, you should, be prepared for lines, LOOOOOOOOONG lines, but I swear it’s worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment