Wednesday, July 18, 2012

ROADTRiP! DAY 3: The Grand Canyon

June 7th:
The Grand Canyon was by far one of my favorite places… EVER!


Originally we were going to arrive there by 4:30am to catch the sunrise at 5:00, but our eyes REFUSED to open at 2:30.  We ended up getting there at 8:00 am, but lucky for us, there weren’t many people visiting the Canyon that day. 
It was cold when we left our hotel but by the time we arrived it started to “warm” up.  I had to take off my tights and boots & switch to flip flops {good thing I was wearing a dress...of course}.
I can’t explain the Grand Canyon, it’s something you have to see for yourself, with your own eyes, pictures don’t do it justice. 
Those traveling with dogs, there are two main trails that allow them if leashed.  There is even a driving trail with places for you to park along the way so you can snap a few photos.   Our dogs did phenomenal there, they made us look good!  Diesel let people pet him, Lashes didn’t pull on her leash, & they posed for photos {I brought my tripod & remote everywhere with me}.
After spending 3 hours walking & marveling at the great vastness that is the Grand Canyon, we got back on the road to reach our main destination, Venice Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment