Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Must Look Really Pretty Today

My company recently “baby boomed,” so there are a lot of new employees, those employees drive cars, which they have to park, creating a lack of parking spots at my building’s parking garage.  Why am I telling you this horribly boring tidbit of information?  First of all, rude!   Second, It’s for a good lead up, so just stay with me, and third, after you find out what “pretty,” act I committed this morning you’ll understand the back story.  What happens if we don’t get a spot at our company’s parking structure?   We have to park on the 5 & 6 floors of the Galleria Nordstrom’s parking garage that is located across the street from our building.  Since this is somewhat of a journey, I like to wear flip flops & carry my heels, so I don’t ruin them.  
Okay, so what’s the story?  We again parked at Nordstrom’s parking garage, I wore my hot pink flip flops, crossed the street thanking our crosswalk security officer, got into our building, stepped into the elevator, hit 9 & 5 {Cody’s floor} and took a deep sigh because I’m living the dream... As we’re progressing upward Cody touches my raggedy old pair of wedges I recently replaced with a new pair and says, “I thought you weren’t wearing these anymore?”  I look down puzzled & reply, “Oh no!  I grabbed the wrong pair!” then immediately noticed that I did not grab the wrong pair, I wish I grabbed the wrong pair… My right was indeed my raggedy old espadrille wedge BUT my left shoe was not… My left shoe is my brand new taupe cork wedge that is also an inch & a half taller… the elevator dinged, Cody stepped off laughing under his breath and I turned to the 2 suits that were getting off on our executive floor and simply said, “I have two different shoes… it’s okay, you can laugh.” And they did.  We all laughed together.
In my defense, they do look similar, which was the point since I’m replacing the haggard pair, BUT one is nude-the other taupe, one is a espadrille-the other cork, one has a knot detail-the other a flower thing, and one is 3.5” tall-the other is 2”, and since there is a height difference, I’m walking with a little extra swag.  Look out playa’s I’m tagging in to play. *oh geez*

No one should have multiple stories of this nature, but it’s me, so of course I do.  The first time something similar like this happened I was walking down a wedding isle… intrigued?

My friends Chris & Kara were getting married & I was Kara’s maid of honor. 
Kara graciously bought all of her six bride’s maids shoes for the wedding.  They were a very pretty shade of navy blue that matched our dresses perfectly.  She was living in Virgina at the time so she brought them back with her from there.  On one of the days we met up she handed me my box of shoes, I opened it, took out the left shoe, tried it on, *kiss your finger tips because you’re doing that Italian thing* Muah! They look smashing.  I handed the box back to Kara so all the shoes would stay together.  A week goes by, it’s the day of the wedding, our hair is all done, our make-up fantastic, we’re getting dressed, all that’s left are the shoes.  I grab my box of size 7’s, put my left shoe on and then I go to put on my right, but it’s not there… there’s just another left… “Oh no…” yep, there were two lefts in my box, no joke.  After quietly freaking out and making a phone call to Codiy {who was an usher} to go to Payless to buy me a pair of navy blue or black heels, I told Kara.  We all had a moment, but knew it would work out in the end, no worries… wrong.  The wedding started on time {which never happens!} so Cody didn’t make it in time.  Thankfully we walked arm in arm with the groomsmen so Chris’ best man, Beau {who’s awesome} supported me as I strutted down the isle in two left shoes.  Once on the stairs I simply crossed my ankles to hide the entire side of my foot that was hanging off the shoe.  It was brilliant!  {I love that story}

PS 
In case you were wondering: Instead of saying blond moment, dingy, etc… I say “pretty day.”  It’s not fair to other woman if you’re smart AND beautiful so whenever you do something not so smart, my theory is you’re just balancing out.  So I must look really pretty today.


In honor of today’s mishap here are two songs:
Boogie Shoes,” by KC & the Sunshine Band

SHOES,” by this guy who’s name in the video is Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment